Monday, January 21, 2008

One man's humble quest to follow the Bible as literally as possible.


I read this book over Christmas break and it was enlightening and entertaining to say the least. As some of you may know, I'm a sucker for memoirs and this story of one Agnostic man's year of "Biblical" living in New York City is a great read. It is very frustrating much of the time but not because of his own doing but because I so wanted to track down this guy's phone number and tell him, "You're missing the point and you can't help yourself and I feel bad for you!" But then again, he is very clear that he is not spending a year living for Christ, so inevitably his legalistic end result is not going to satisfy. But I recommend this book, it gives a look into how Christians are perceived and a generous amount of Biblical history.

No comments: