Saturday, January 26, 2008

in the words of relient k...

...opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong.

I thoroughly enjoy studying politics and world affairs.

With that said there is an integral aspect that I absolutely loathe even thinking about. And by loathe I mean I hate it more than the texture of mushrooms and velour track suits combined. What is it?

PUBLIC OPINION.

barf.

Some love keeping up with the latest polls and survey results and analyzing what that could mean for such and such policy or candidate or the president. But I think, polls, questionnaires, etc. and intrinsically and severely flawed, (In my opinion, mainly by the subjects themselves - the public. Yes, I'm debbie downer about my faith in the American public to give an educated answer.) and even more than that are the way results are presented. I'll just stop there. Anyway, I saw this ad a couple of minutes ago on washingtonpost.com and thought this was a prime example of my frustration. I think it speaks for itself.

No comments: