Sunday, October 14, 2007

do you have anything for lifechange-itis?

After church this morning Barbara (who I teach sunday school with) invited to me to lunch wither her and Lynn (her husband) and Bill and Kathy (I have hope group at their house and Kathy is Barbara's sister). I gladly obliged as I love spending time with them and have grown very close to both families over the past year, kind of like a second family here in College Station. Lunch was great and afterwards I had my normal Sunday afternoon routine of homework, a few errands, and the rec tonite.

Coming home from the rec just now, my mind started to run away from me thinking about how I have such a short time left here and how valuable the community has become to me and all of sudden before I knew it I was sobbing uncontrolably driving down University. Not because I am worried about where I will be and all the details that entails, I just really hate life transitions where people I have come to love [immensely] are not at an arms length anymore. I like familiarity and I could go on and on about how I know I need to get out of my comfort zone anyway and trust God, etc. etc., but that's not what I'm getting at. Let's be honest, I'm emotional and I'm a crier.

Somehow I think no one was really surprised by that.

I'm sure no one likes that specific part of change, and I am not worried about not finding new friendships and community wherever I end up, but regardless, I am wondering if God would really frown too much if I started planning now to skip that church service in May where Butch makes his speech about seniors and leaving and everyone cries. Because I cried at that one last year and I didn't even go anywhere.

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

i think there is a mascara trail in that church from that service last year... all thanks to me.