Tuesday, February 12, 2008

read me.

So practically everyone is calling for Huckabee to pull out and let McCain officially enter the RNC as the only choice for nominee and get a head start on unifying the Republican and quite frankly his biggest thorn, the (big C) Conservatives. Well my man Mike is still in it against McCain as I foolheartedly predicted a couple of months ago, however I am a realist and realize McCain will get the nomination as long as nothing like a silly PR spectacle (i.e. Howard Dean circa 2004) gets in the way. Since my wishful thinking panned out for Huckabee's campaign I've been keeping an eye out for any pundits who are expressing why Huckabee should positively stay in the race (for now) and my faithful Economist came through with such news.

Also I've been equally curious as to who McCain will pick for his veep, and I read an article this past week from the Washington Post about how McCain has a tough choice to make. The buzz around the watercooler has been that he will choose Mike Huckabee or Lindsey Graham or the like, which is a good pick because they would compensate for his outings with Conservatives. However also has the option to go with Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. From the article,

The first and only female Texan to serve in the U.S. Senate, Hutchison brings the kind of conservative credentials on taxes, defense and foreign policy that McCain's Republican critics ought to love. Gun lovers adore her -- as much as we District residents resent her attempts to kill our sensible gun-control laws. She votes consistently pro-life and has earned a 0 percent rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America, though she has said Roe v. Wade was correctly decided.

As chairman of the Senate GOP policy committee, Hutchison is the fourth-highest-ranking Republican senator. She's plugged in with the party faithful, good on the stump and as savvy as they come.

It should be interesting who he picks.

Just a question to the void, would you vote for a Presidential candidate who is pro-choice?

4 comments:

The Roberts' said...

i think josh & i have decided... in the main election, assuming it is mccain vs. either obama or hillary, we will not vote. i refuse to vote for someone i completely disagree with. ill just pray a lot. i also must say that obama creeps me out big time & id actually rather hillary win. altho it would be neither if i could choose...

The Roberts' said...

oh ps i like the new picture at the top of your blog :-)

kristin said...

I suppose if I had put a little more thought into my question I should have asked if there is one issue that serves as a litmus test as to who you will/will not vote for, it could be abortion, it could be the foreign policy, economics, etc., I think that one came to mind because that is one of mine.

My attitude has completely changed since 2004 about Presidential candidates and who I will and won't support (not just defaulting to the conservative) and I've been debating about what I will do in November.

Oh and I love the picture too, I cropped it from a larger picture and I think if I was a princess who lived in a castle I would pick it as my decor of choice.

The Roberts' said...

yes the issue is abortion. i am less concerned about gay marriage altho im not pro that for sure. but the way i see it... with abortion they are taking away the chance for life, from someone who has absolutely no choice or voice. that ticks me off a little.

i would like to be a princess for a day.