Wednesday, February 20, 2008

if engineers were mostly girls...

I would work in a therapy office disguised as a computer lab. These engineers spend HOURS in here every week. There have been so many times work has been lost or destroyed because of a computer malfunction or something and hours and days worth of work is simply gone. And I can't do anything about it. And it KILLS me. If this happened with girls mostly I would watch the tears well up in their eyes and I would try to somehow uselessly [because really, how do you see the good in a ton of work gone down the drain] comfort them and let them tell me all about what was just lost [because we're girls and we need to talk it out] and how hard they worked on it. Maybe I would carry a bag of cookies with me to work just for circumstances like this.

Maybe I'm just thinking what it would be like if I was an engineer. Well if I was I wouldn't have to be concerned with not passing my test on saturday and living in a dark alley pushing a shopping cart and living in a cardboard box.

No comments: