Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I hate tests [that determine the rest of your career].

I have my content exam this saturday. Its basically a test over all the material you could be required to teach, in my case: world & u.s. history, geography, government, economics, & some sociology. If I don't do well on this I can't teach. I'm not THAT worried about it, but I'm not taking it lightly, kind of the same feeling I had before I took the GRE and knew if I didn't do well on that I wouldn't get into grad school. Anyway so I'm reading through a prep manual and I come across this little tidbit of "inspiration":

If a sensation of panic begins, work with the fear and imagine the very worst! Work through the entire scenario of not passing the test, failing the entire course, and dropping out of school, followed by not getting a job, and pushing a shopping cart through the dark alley where you’ll live. This will place things into perspective!
Oh, thanks, that's much better.

2 comments:

The Roberts' said...

HAHA! that is hilarious. if i had an alley i'd invite you to live in mine!!!

kristin said...

yes, our shopping carts could be friends and we could share a trash can fire at nite, while wearing those gloves with the fingertips cut off. it would be great.