Tuesday, September 18, 2007

anti-wrinkle cream anyone?

I'm getting old[er]. Here's a few things I've noticed I do differently as of late:

1. I'm in bed before 10:30 every nite. Sometimes later on fridays, and special occaision saturdays.

2. The latest I've slept this whole semester is 9:30, and that was only once.

3. My new favorite thing has become getting into a made bed. I have found I love getting into a bed that is made verses a bed that is disheveled - I used to only made my bed about once a week, not anymore! So sometimes, if I didn't make it that morning I'll make my bed right before I go to bed just so I can have the feeling.

4. After seeing 1-3, apparently I value sleep a lot more than I did before.

5. I feel as if I can talk & care about today's "youth". I don't think I'm apart of that group anymore.

6. I appreciate a clean house much more than I used to.

7. I'm shopping now specifically for business casual, it's a little weird and a lot of fun.

8. I'm picturing furniture and decorating ideas in my head for a new hypothetical apartment I will have in 8-10 months.

9. I've been vaguely thinking about budgeting once I have a real job with real money.

10. .....


In other news, here are some things I found worthy of note.

NYTimes:

1. Michael Gates Gill, who once made about $160,000 a year as an advertising executive and who now earns around $10.50 an hour making coffee at Starbucks, has written a book called “How Starbucks Saved My Life: A Son of Privilege Learns to Live Like Everyone Else,” and it is so admiring of the firm, one fears he has drunk of the Grande Iced Kool-Aid.
His story — divorced, broke, entitled middle-aged white guy with brain tumor and no health insurance learns to respect persons of other races who did not go to Yale. article

2. Apparently if you wear Crocs on an escalator you will die. Or you will be sucked in up to your waist if you fail to make a clean exit from the machine. seriously? seriously.

and there's this,




The news on this has been out for awhile but if you haven't heard, Ben Stein has a documentary coming out in February called, "EXPELLED: No intelligence allowed." Synopsis: educators and scientists are being ridiculed, denied tenure and even fired – for the “crime” of merely believing that there might be evidence of “design” in nature, and that perhaps life is not just the result of accidental, random chance & Ben Stein decides to investigate. Check out the website here.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Good post. Getting into a made bed is a wonderful feeling. I converted Thomas after just two days of being married. : )

Off to read your links...

The Roberts' said...

wait.. what was #10?!?!

youre funny & I miss you a lot! date next saturday??

kristin said...

I couldn't think of a #10, maybe I could have insinuated that more effectively by using a question mark instead of ellipses.