Tuesday, December 4, 2007

hullabaloo.

I just finished my research project.

So I thought I would do a little blogging while I am waiting to get off work.

I think I've realized my biggest clothing trend pet peeve: the velour track suit.

I'm sorry if I just offended anyone who owns one, but only because it hurt your feelings, not because I regret saying I hate velour track suits, including yours.

I'm not a fan of matching track suits in general unless I suppose you are working out, or running outdoors and that is it. And then companies go out and make them in velour, a cheap imitation of some luxurious fabric and all of sudden, what is essentially workout wear becomes fashionable, solely based on utility. And I think the reason I dislike them so much is because I have seen them cost upwards of $100 AND I because most of the people I see them on are not flattered in the least by them; it seems that they think its the essential "cute and comfy" wear. I want to walk up and say, I know that is comfortable but throw it away. Okay that is the end of my rant about velour.

But while I am on the subject of fashion, I will admit that I just jumped on a bandwagon rather late, incredibly late actually. Saturday I bought...black leggings. The capri kind. Solely to wear under my favorite casual dress that is a babydoll silhouette and made out of really thin sweater material and the most comfortable article of clothing I own. I'm excited about them.

Oh and another clothing related conundrum, I took my ivory coat to the dry cleaners this past weekend and I picked it up today and they said they wouldn't clean it because it didn't have a care label, I'm assuming it got axed by the alterations people recently. But anyway I really need this coat cleaned so I'm wondering what else I could do? Plead with them to just do whatever they would normally do to a wool coat? It was Briarcrest Cleaners, which I've heard are good, but does anyone else use a different dry cleaning place that I could try.

I just found a recipe for Chicken Spinach Wheat Ravioli that I want to try soon, probably this weekend when I have time to do so much prep work, I'll report back on the results.

3 comments:

The Roberts' said...

oh, & my favorite is when their little matching suit says "juicy" on the butt. im sorry, but juicy butts gross me out.

kristin said...

HA! exactly!

BrunerAbroad said...

I agree. No juicy butts.

I never got on the leggings train either, but now that I live in Europe, I kind of want some. But the only ones I can find go all the way down to the ankles, and think those look silly.

Also, I want some tights. Not like panty-hose-let-the-air-in-tights, but really warm tights that keep my legs warm but still allow me to wear a cute skirt in the middle of winter. I haven't been able to find any of those, either. Boo.