Sunday, July 1, 2007

green and blonde.




My favorite color is now an annoyingly trendy catchphrase. green this and green that. I just read this article from the times, Buying Into the Green Movement, and it sparked so many thoughts in my mind that there's this roundtable discussion taking place in head right now with 20 different me's shouting out various viewpoints. So, I'm going to let this item simmer and come back and discuss it later.

"I have caused no small stir over the past few weeks with my comments about modesty...", Butch proceeded to bring a shopping bag on stage and pulled out items that he brought to "clarify what he means by girls wearing underwear as outerwear". He pulled out 2 camisoles and 2 tank tops (the ones that Old Navy sells in every color under the sun on a huge table in the front of their store every summer). His talk on parenting today was so real, (I feel like using adjectives to describe Butch's talks serve more as an evaluative tool and that completely misses the point I'm trying to convey, i.e. Butch's talk was so good. is it ever bad?), anyway I feel like the more and more I hear from Butch and families at Living Hope the more I am being prepared for 'real life'. I know I talked about this last time but it is so true, and I'm so thankful. I always walk away trusting God more and worrying less, in permanent sense, not just I don't worry about that one thing for the rest of the day. So good.


I occaisionally find a blonde hair, like every few months, and you're probably thinking its really grey and I'm in denial but thats not true they are always a really golden color. I found one last nite and I started thinking about if I was a blonde instead, with lighter eyebrows too of course, and then I just started laughing, but I do know that if I had thin hair instead of masses of hair my locks would be like corkscrew curly, funny to think about.



kg

No comments: