Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a little update.

I'm a college grad!

And I'm still looking for a job!

I went to Austin ISD's career fair this past saturday (the day after graduation) and was told the same thing over and over, 'it's still early and we don't know what positions we will have open, but we'll take your resume'. Oh and 'So do you coach?'. Pshh. So at least all of the Austin ISD high schools have my resume now so, there's that. I left Austin saturday and drove to Dallas (McKinney), and stayed the nite with one of my aunt and uncles because my whole family was getting together there on sunday for Mother's Day. Always good food and a lot of laughs when my family gets together.

I leave for my cruise on saturday! Brittany and I fly to Orlando saturday morning really early and then leave that afternoon on our ship to go to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, and the Bahamas. I'm so excited!!

Oh and 3 more things:

1. The new McDonalds chicken biscuit breakfast thing is disgusting. I never go to mcdonalds but I wanted to get a drink on my way to my subbing job the other day and so I pulled in there and saw the sign and thought I would try their new copycat of Chik-fil-a's morning deliciousness and it was really gross. The chicken part anyway, it's pretty hard to screw up a biscuit, but the chicken tasted funky.

2. Chocolate skittles are also gross. Take my word for it. They are so artificially flavored its revolting. There are like 6 flavors in the bag, s'mores, chocolate pudding, brownie batter, caramel chocolate, some other gross chocolate flavor, and vanilla. I tried each skittle twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke and the only one I liked was...the vanilla. It tasted like the vanilla tootsie rolls, you know the ones in the blue wrappers.

3. Texas avenue construction is complete! Yes you read right, it is finished! Just in time for a significant decrease in overall trafiic due to the summer so I should be able to get to Target and HEB in less than 10 minutes now instead of 20 or 30 (in cases where I was a dummy and didn't take back roads).

Well, thats all for now.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on graduation!

And, really? Chocolate skittles with different flavors?

I need to drive down Texas now. Last time I went (last week I guess) it was still not open. Exciting times in College Station.